Scotland's Climate Week: 13- 19 September 2021
We recently updated our members on this year's Climate Week, taking place 13 - 19 September. This is an excellent opportunity to celebrate all the work you have been doing to tackle climate change and reach net zero emissions. The initiative aims to get the nation talking, and get organisations like yours involved by running events and conversations with your staff and stakeholders about your own climate action and what more you can do as an organisation and individual.
Scotland’s Climate Week will also mark six weeks to go until COP26, in Glasgow. It will act as a launchpad to COP26 and encourage more action before, during and after the summit, demonstrating Scotland’s collective effort to protect the planet we love.
To support businesses and organisations to participate during the week, the Scottish Government has produced a Toolkit. It includes information on how to deliver your own events and communications, with examples of positive behaviours and pledges, and helps to build an understanding of how everyone can play their part to help tackle the global climate emergency.
Here are some of the actions you can take in Climate Week to start to build the momentum ahead of COP26:
- start a conversation by running an online or in-person event with staff and stakeholders to discuss how they can take action on climate change and your organisation’s role in supporting this
- make a pledge as an organisation to take a specific action during COP26 and beyond (and don’t forget to tag @ScotGovNetZero and #ScotClimateWeek when you do so)
- showcase all of the work you’re already doing to tackle climate change
- raise awareness among your staff and customers about COP26, climate change and its consequences for Scotland
- take action encouraging positive action at home, in the local community and within the workplace by making use of the materials provided in the Climate Week Toolkit
- signpost employees, customers and stakeholders to www.netzeronation.scot for advice and information on how they can help tackle the climate emergency
- follow our Scottish Government Net Zero social media channels to share our content ahead of and during the week
Don’t forget to use the hashtag #ScotClimateWeek during the week to mark all your efforts. That way we can all celebrate and promote the actions you are taking during the week.