SSN is working with the Scottish Government to support the development of new Statutory Guidance on Public Bodies' Climate Change Duties. The guidance is being co-developed this year with contributions from across the Scottish public sector. Formal public consultation is expected to take place in spring/summer 2024.
Between September and December 2023, SSN and the Scottish Government will run a series of online stakeholder engagement workshops, which will gather attendees’ feedback on a number of prioritised draft guidance chapters that are under development. Draft topics include:
- Built Estate: 09:30 - 11:00 on the 19th of September 2023
- Transport and Travel: 11:30 - 13:00 on the 19th of September 2023
- Adaptation (Starting Level): 09:30 - 11:00 on the 24th of October 2023
- Adaptation (Advanced Level): 11:30 - 13:00 on the 24th of October 2023
- Procurement and Circular Economy: Late November - Exact date TBC
- Place: Late November - Exact date TBC
- Land and Nature: Early December - Exact date TBC
Please note: The sessions will present the draft topic material and ask for informed feedback on gaps, level of detail, and for areas for improvement. The workshops are designed to engage public sector practitioners with good topic knowledge.
Please make sure the people from your public body who attend the workshops are suitably informed to engage with the topic.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.