Net Zero Ready (Members Event)
Scotland ups the pace on the Global Climate Emergency
So how are you approaching it? How will you respond to new net zero targets? How will your organisation up its game? Who do you need to connect with to unlock our potential?
Addressing climate change and implementing sustainable solutions is about radical collaboration and shared effort. No one is going it alone. So how do you forge the right path and focus efforts and decision making now?
Join us on 1 October where we will hear from leaders from across our sector on how they are responding to and using the new targets to forge new opportunities. You’ll have a chance to consider and discuss what's needed - from transformational change to practical solutions.
This is a member event and spaces are available for free to SSN members - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Programme & speakers
The day will feature a panel discussion and Q&A followed by networking lunch and an afternoon workshop where delegates will be able to work through a three-horizons framework to understand where the public sector needs to be and what we need in order to get there. We will pinpoint and share live solutions and areas of practice and what is required to scale and shift to meet the new targets. Feedback and input will be shared directly with Scottish Government as part of their consultion with the public sector on reporting and the climate emergency.
10:30 Registration & networking
11:00 Welcome and opening statement from Scottish Government, Energy and Climate Change Directorate
11:30 Panel conversation chaired by SSN Vice Chair John Wincott, followed by Q&A. Panel speakers include:
- Carol Sinclair, Associate Director, Public Health & Intelligence, NHS NSS
- George Gillespie, Executive Director, Neighbourhoods and Sustainability, Glasgow City Council
- Daisy Narayan, Edinburgh City Centre Transformation, Edinburgh City Council and Deputy Director, Sustrans
- Sam Gardner, Head of Climate Change and Sustainability, Scottish Power
- A representative from Scottish National Investment Bank
12:45 Networking lunch
13:30 Facilitated workshop: The aim of the workshop session is to identify transformational practice on a range of key themes for the public sector in delivering new Net Zero targets. Delegates will work in small groups to share areas of practice and examples across sectors and will come together to map out where they need to be in order to deliver new targets against a climate emergency timeline. Workshop facilitation includes:
- Alex Hilliam, Hilliam Research and Analysis
- Clare Wharmby, Carbon Forecast / University of Edinburgh
- Ruth Wolstenholme, Sniffer
- Anna Beswick, Adaptation Scotland
- Dave Gorman, University of Edinburgh
- Catriona Patterson, Creative Carbon Scotland
- Diane Duncan, Highlands and Islands Enterprise
15:45 Summary and feedback from Kate Dapré, SSN Chair
16:00 Thanks and close