SSN establishes key Action Groups for 2019
Hot on the heels of our event Regional Partnerships event December, we have established three Action Groups. These are based upon the themes and discussions from the day cover:
- Governance, led by Lorna Jarvie, South Ayrshire Council
- Finance, co-ledby Martin Kirkwood, Scottish Funding Council & Lesley Hinshelwood, South Lanarkshire Council
- Reporting, led by Claudia Cowie, Aberdeenshire Council
We are using the groups to harness the knowledge and experience of the network, to identify practical resources for members and make strategic recommendations to a wider audience. The Groups are member led, solution oriented, with clear objectives and outcomes, and are supported by the SSN secretariat, Steering Group and external expertise. Initially Groups are limited to a six-month lifespan, followed by a review for potential extension and expansion.
The Groups are up and running, and meetings are scheduled over the next several weeks. We're encouraging SSN members from across the Network to participate – even if you missed the December event you are welcome to join an Action Group.
- The Reporting Action Group will meet on Thursday 31 January.
- The Governance Action Group will meet at ECCI on Friday 15 February.
- The Finance Action Group will meet in February, date to be confirmed.