Low carbon living
Meeting Scotland's climate change targets will require transformation across society. We are developing low carbon infrastructure and technology across Scotland, but their impact will depend on the extent to which people adopt and use them.
The Big Climate Conversation
The First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has confirmed a nationwide conversation to discuss action to tackle the global climate emergency. This initiative will take place across Scotland this summer.
Scottish Government will be engaging with the public to discuss Scotland’s collective response to the global climate emergency.
As part of a wider conversation series, they are hosting a number of free public engagement events across the country where people can come to discuss their thoughts on climate change and what steps we need to take, together, to reach our net-zero targets.
The first six engagement events have been scheduled:
- Glasgow: 16 July at 17:30 to 19:30
- Stirling: 24 July at 13:00 to 15:00
- Aberdeen: 31 July at 17:30 to 19:30
- Portree: 6 August at 17:30 to 19:30
- Fort William: 7 August at 17:30 to 19:30
- Orkney: 14 August at 17:30 to 19:30
- Edinburgh: 26 August 17:30 to 19:30
- Dumfries: 2 September 17:30 to 19:30
- Inverness: 11 September 17:30 to 19:30