What must we do?
Presented by the British Institute of Energy Economics.
The British Institute of Energy Economics (BIEE)’s ‘Getting Serious about Net Zero’ policy conference will get to grips with the implications of net zero for the UK, as well as the CCC’s published advice.
Leading figures from across government, industry, finance and academia will discuss the challenges for difficult to decarbonise sectors; the new policy drivers needed; the role of new technologies and innovation; and Britain’s industrial strategy and global role.
Confirmed speakers include
- Julian Critchlow, DG Energy Transformation Group, Dept for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Chris Stark, Chief Executive, The Committee on Climate Change
- Guy Newey, Strategy and Performance Director, Energy Systems Catapult
- Jo Coleman, UK Energy Transition Manager, Shell
- Alex Kazaglis, Principal, Vivid Economics
- Michael Grubb, Professor of Energy and Climate Change, UCL ISR
- Neil Morris, CEO, The Faraday Institution
- Mark Taylor, Deputy Director of Innovation, Dept for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Tim Lord, Director, Clean Growth, Dept for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Dr Charlie Wilson, Reader in Energy and Climate, UEA
- Rain Newton-Smith Chief Economist, CBI