Flood Risk Management and Green Recovery
The theme for FRM 2021 is Flood Risk Management and Green Recovery. In September, the Scottish Government announced a package of environmental, regulatory and fiscal reforms to recover prosperity after the COVID-19 pandemic. An additional £500 million is being invested in Scotland’s natural economy including £150 million to help deliver a 50% increase in woodland creation by 2024 and an extra £150 million for flood risk management, vital to increasing climate change resilience. The plans, outlined in the Programme for Government 2020/21, are among a range of measures to protect biodiversity, create green jobs and accelerate a just transition to net-zero.
FRM2021 will seek to explore the role of flood risk management in the green recovery and lessons that can be learned from the pandemic, about how we deal with future crises.
- Monday February 1st 2021 – Finance and green recovery
- Tuesday February 2nd 2021 – What’s new: science and policy updates
- Wednesday February 3rd 2021 – Land, place-making and planning
- Thursday February 4th 2021 – Inclusive resilience: strengthening communities and reducing inequity
- Friday February 5th 2021 – Communication and engagement
Conference programme and registration will be published on the Sniffer website soon.